Divorce Attorney Hermitage and Lebanon, TN
What are the grounds for divorce in Tennessee?
Yancy Belcher, Attorney at Law provides answers to common divorce law questions for Mt. Juliet and Hermitage area residents.
The state of Tennessee has two types of divorces; uncontested divorces which are most often irreconcilable differences, and contested divorces which you will have to provide proof of the grounds for the divorce.
In a contested divorce case, the two parties disagree and must go to trial before a divorce court judge. Some of the grounds for a contested divorce are:
- Cheating or Adultery
- Drug use or alcoholism
- Living apart for 2 or more years and not having any minor childres
- Desertion of your spouse for 1 year (willfully or maliciously) without just cause
- A felony conviction
- Wife being pregnant before the marriage without the husband’s knowledge
- Refusing to move to Tennessee with your spouse and living apart for two years
- Attempt on the life of another
- Sterility or impotency
- Refusing to support spouse although being able to
- And bigamy
The state of Tennessee will recognize all these as legitimate grounds for a divorce. Contact our Mt. Juliet and Hermitage area divorce law attorney for more information.
If you need a divorce attorney in Hermitage contact us today. Yancy Belcher is a divorce law attorney located in Mt. Juliet and serving clients in Mt. Juliet and Hermitage, Tennessee. We offer free consultations to all potential clients. Call (615) 773-2889, or complete our free case evaluation form.